While it may not be the best part of your college life, doing laundry is easy once you know how. Follow these tips for laundry success:
- The washers require HE (high efficiency) detergent and only 1/4 cup or less.
- The new liquid pods are fine to use but they need to go in the door - not the drawer
- Please do not use solid soap tablets or Purex 3-in-1 sheets.
- No bleach at all should be used due to the Newark water.
- Please leave the washer door open after use.
- Empty the dryer lint filter every time.
- Read your clothing labels for the best way to wash each item of clothing. If it says DRY CLEAN ONLY, don't put it in the washer or dryer.
- Empty your pockets! Items left in your pockets can damage the machines and ruin your clothing.
- 1 wash load = 1 dry load. An overloaded dryer won't dry your clothes in one cycle.
- The washer door will lock about 30 seconds after the cycle starts and will not unlock until about 30 seconds after the cycle completes.
- Front Load Washers are large capacity and can wash up to a double-sized comforter. (By itself - not with other items.)
- If the dryer setting is too hot, you can shrink your clothes, especially jeans and 100% cotton items.
If you need to report a problem with a laundry facility or request a refund, please use the vending form.
For afterhours emergency equipment problems, please contact Facilities Customer Service at 302-831-1141.
You can also visit www.caldwellandgregory.com for more laundry tips and information, or like Caldwell and Gregory on Facebook to be eligible to win prizes.