Electrical Services maintains all the low and medium voltage electrical systems on campus. We also maintain fire alarm systems, some security work and dormitory intercom systems.
Some of the routine corrective maintenance performed by the Electrical Services Department are:
- Replace switches and receptacles
- Replace ballasts in light fixtures
- Responsible for resetting all tripped circuit breakers.
- Responsible for all secondary switch gear feeding the university campus.
- Responsible for all medium voltage switch gear feeding the university campus.
- Maintain all fire alarm systems
- Maintain some security systems
- Maintain sprinkler system throughout campus
- Maintain university clock system
Chargeable services provided by the Electrical Services Department are:
- Upgrade existing or install new light fixtures, lighting equipment and dimming.
- Repair electric ovens, stoves, and departmental owned equipment
- Upgrade electric circuits
- Install fire alarms
- Install security systems
Michael Guns, Manager: M_Guns@facilities.udel.edu
Request for Service: Web Forms/Facilities Work Request
Request for Estimate: Web Forms/Facilities Work Request