The Heating and Cooling Services Shop (HVAC) is responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and repair of the campus building heating and cooling systems. Energy Management System (EMS) monitors and controls the majority of the larger buildings on campus.
Some of the routine corrective maintenance performed by the HVAC Department are:
- Preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment including pumps, motors, fans, piping, valves, and steam traps, etc.
- Changing filters on all air handlers, fan coils, unit ventilators, etc.
- Repairs and maintains all HVAC controls including pneumatic, electric, and electronic
- Maintains and repairs all components of the steam distribution system in a building
- Maintains and repairs all water distribution systems in each building
- Maintains RO/DI systems including stills
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all light refrigeration equipment 20 tons or less
- Utilizing the Energy Management System to ensure environmental comfort and to maximize energy savings
Chargeable services provided by the HVAC Department are:
- Evacuation of refrigerants per the Clean Air Act of 1990
- Renovations or modifications to the existing HVAC system in a building or room
- Maintenance and repair to domestic refrigeration equipment (iceboxes, environmental boxes, walk-in boxes, etc.)
Request for Service: Web Forms/Facilities Work Request
Request for Estimate: Web Forms/Facilities Work Request
Contact Information - Operations Center
Randy Murphy, Manager: R_Murphy@facilities.udel.edu
Bill Pelletier, Manager: B_Pelletier@facilities.udel.edu
Harry Trout, Manager: H_Trout@facilities.udel.edu
Dave Townsend, Supervisor: D_Townsend@facilities.udel.edu